“A test of one’s abilities or resources in a demanding but stimulating undertaking”
How often do you intentionally challenge yourself? I know that I can get caught up in the day-to-day of career and life, and time just seems to pass by. To stay really engaged and feel like there’s forward momentum in my life, I do month challenges a few times a year. By resolving to do (or abstain) from something for a month, I develop a new habit, strengthen my character and am more attentive to the passage of time. Learn more about how I started doing month challenges and get some great resources on doing them here.
The one challenge I return to yearly is doing yoga every day for a month. I’ve probably done it for the past five years, usually twice a year (once in February and once in the fall). Each time I am amazed at the effect of a consistent, daily yoga practice. I feel more aligned physically, emotionally, and mentally.
This year I’m challenging myself to do yoga every day for the month of October: Yogtober. I’ve always done the challenge by myself, but this year I want to invite you to join me! I think it will be fun and inspirational to challenge ourselves together.
Before you get freaked out, here’s my definition of doing yoga every day: 5 sun salutations minimum. Any more than that is great – a class, a self-guided practice, doing a video or audio class at home. But in less than five minutes, you can check “yoga” off for the day. It’s not that hard, I swear! You get a lot of benefit by just doing five minutes of yoga – I think you’ll be really surprised.
Your challenge, should you choose to accept it:
- Do yoga every day for the month of October (minimum 5 sun salutations).
- Keep track – on a piece of paper, on a calendar, or on an app (I like Lift and Streaks).
- Share your progress on social media using #Yogtober: pics of your practice, a summary of what you did for the day. By sharing, we’ll give each other ideas, congratulate each other, and give each other support.
When you sign up for the challenge, you’ll get:
- A weekly email from me with links to free classes and suggested routines, exactly what I did each day, and a yoga playlist.
- Entry into a raffle for a six-month membership to Yoga Download.
- A code for 20% of at YogaDownload to use as many times as you want during the month of October.
- The support of a community of people going through the challenge with you.
- A more limber body, less stress, and a calmer mind.
- Sense of accomplishment for completing a challenge you probably never thought you can do.
Sign up now!
It’s completely free. This is something I’m doing anyway, and want to have my friends join me. It’s going to be a lot of fun!